For ages, the only purpose of a bed was to lay down, to sleep, and to rest. But then, its other purpose came to light, to enhance the look and feel of a room. Though this purpose has always been around, it was never given a second thought. People subconsciously looked for beds with headboards and enjoyed the decorative purpose it served. Then came a time when upholstered headboards were introduced for their decorative and artistic value.
What is an Upholstered Headboard?
Headboard designs were minimalist with metal and wood taking center stage. But at present, nothing compares to the pure and lavish extravagance of an upholstered bed. Upholstered means a bed frame that integrates materials such as faux leather or suede, velvet, or other materials other than wood. It is usually overlaid on top of additional padding to provide softer touch and comfort, as well as provide a rich look to the room.
At New York Couch Doctor, we saw a rapid increase in the demand for an upholstered headboard in the past years. The increase in demand only meant that there would be a need for headboard servicing, a relocation that would require disassembly and reassembly, as well as replacement of damaged headboards. Our team was trained for the purpose of ensuring that all our customers receive the best service in the tri-state area.
Reupholstering a Headboard
An upholstered headboard changes the look of a bedroom, giving it the look and feel of luxury. But an old and worn-out upholstery of the headboard can make the room look unattractive. It is a sign that you need our services! At New York Couch Doctor, we offer quality services that will fit your needs, whatever they may be.
A headboard upholstering is done following the steps below:
- We start by measuring the headboard and preparing the new upholstery.
- We then remove the staples and/or buttons that hold the fabric to the headboard.
- The fabric is removed, and the padding inside is checked to see if it needs to be replaced.
- If the padding needs replacing, the old foam is replaced with new foam before the fabric is placed.
- The fabric is centered over the headboard and pulled around to be stapled to the backside of the headboard.
- Once stapled, excess fabric is neatly trimmed. Hot glue can also be used to keep the fabric in place or to attach any fabric that is not stapled. Reupholstering a headboard needs a lot of training and experience, failing to do this properly can result in the headboard being permanently ruined and lost.
What can you expect from the
New York Couch Doctor?
New York Couch Doctor has a team of experts who can provide the best service with regards to upholstered headboards. No matter what the purpose is, we can help! We offer you the best in class when it comes to Reupholstering, Relocating, and Repairing.
Our relocation services include:
- Disassembly of the bed and the upholstered headboard
- Wrapping the headboard and other parts of the bed in several layers to avoid damage while loading or moving
- Unloading and reassembly of the bed and upholstered headboard without causing any damage in the process
Call us if you need our services to repair any damage done by other service providers. We are always ready to help!